Booking and cancellation conditions
Sievintie 222, 84100 Ylivieska
Company ID: 2876613-9
These terms and conditions are the general booking and cancellation conditions of the AuroraHut merchant. AuroraHut Oy/Ltd. complies with the specific conditions of the AuroraHut merchant when forwarding the services of the AuroraHut merchant. Specific terms and conditions for each merchant can be found separately on merchant’s own reservation page.
[Company name] (hereinafter referred to as the Merchant) shall comply with these Terms and Conditions for the services available for hire and booking at the accommodation (hereinafter referred to as the Destination). These Terms and Conditions shall be binding on both parties after the Customer has paid the full amount of the payment specified in the [Company name] Terms and Conditions.
1. General terms and conditions
- The prices shown on the website are all subject to VAT.
- Merchant applies dynamic pricing at the Destination. Prices depend on the time of year, and may vary.
- Merchant reserves the right to change prices.
- The Customer is responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
- Merchant reserves the right to amend our terms of delivery. Before placing an order, the Customer shall read the current terms of delivery.
2. Making a booking and payment
- Customers shall be responsible for familiarising themselves with the description and instructions of the Destination(s) and the conditions related to the booking.
- The booking can be made online. The booking system sends an order/payment confirmation to the email address provided by the Customer, once the Customer has paid for the booking according to the chosen payment method.
- The booking made by the Customer is confirmed and binding when the order/payment confirmation is sent to the email address provided by the Customer.
- The Merchant shall not be responsible for a failed booking. If a booking is unsuccessful, the Customer shall contact the Merchant immediately to complete the booking. The Merchant does not guarantee that the Destination is still available in this situation.
- If the Destination is not available, the payment shall be refunded or, if possible, another Destination is offered instead.
- The customer shall be of legal age (18 years or older) at the time of booking. Otherwise, the Destination shall not be made available to the Customer.
- Bookings can also be made via the Merchant’s customer service, in which case the booking, payment and cancellation conditions provided by the Merchant’s customer service shall apply.
3. Cancellation and modification of a booking
- Cancellation shall always be made in writing to the Merchant’s address: [Company email address]
- The cancellation shall be deemed to have occurred at the moment the Merchant is informed of the cancellation.
- The Customer shall be responsible for ensuring that the cancellation is sent in good time.
- Cancellations made outside office hours (Mon-Fri 8.30 am to 5 pm, Sat 10 am to 6 pm) shall be deemed to have been made on the next work day.
- If the Customer cancels the booking
- When there is  days or more to the start of the booking, a delivery fee shall be charged. The delivery fee shall be [XX%] of the total price of the booking.
- If there is less than  days but at least  days to the booking, a cancellation fee of [50%] of the price of the booking shall be charged.
- When the booking is less than  days away, the full price of the booking shall be charged.
- During seasonal periods (XX.XX – XX.XX and XX.XX – XX.XX), bookings shall be cancelled at least XX days in advance. Otherwise the Merchant shall charge the full price of the booking.
- Bookings made with discount/promotional codes shall always be charged in full, regardless of the date of cancellation.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to a refund:
- if the Customer cancels their booking and leaves the Destination before the end of the rental period;
- if the Destination is not accepted or the Customer arrives late.
- No refund shall be made if a booking is cancelled later than 14 days before or during the booking period due to the Customer being unable to arrive at the Destination at the time of booking due to travel restrictions imposed by the country of origin of the Customer or by Finland as the country where the Destination is located, due to an epidemic, pandemic, war or any other compelling reason.
- Cancellation of a booking due to travel restrictions caused by a global or local epidemic, pandemic or war, or the customer’s own decision not to use the booking or to suspend it, does not constitute force majeure.
- At the customer’s request, the booking may be rescheduled under the following conditions:
- Rescheduling can only be made once.
- It is not possible to change the Destination during rescheduling.
- Rescheduling shall take place at least  days before the start of the original booking.
- The rescheduling fee is € [XX] (incl. VAT).
- If a rescheduled booking is cancelled, the full price of the booking shall always be charged, regardless of the date of cancellation.
4. The Merchant’s right to cancel the booking
- In case of force majeure, the Merchant shall have the right to cancel the booking. The customer shall then be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid.
- If the booking has to be cancelled due to disruptive behaviour by the customer or a guest, no refund shall be provided.
5. Using the Destination
- The Customer shall be provided with instructions on how to use the Destination when confirming payment.
6. Customer obligations and use of the Destination
- The Destination is defined in the description
- The Customer shall have the right to use the Destination and its equipment and services as specified during the period of validity of the booking.
- If the Customer notices any defects or has other remarks, they shall inform the Merchant without delay.
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the Destination.
- The Customer shall be liable for the costs of cleaning the Destination in case of smoking inside the Destination.
- The Customer shall be liable to pay the extra costs of cleaning the Destination if the Destination has to be cleaned due to an infectious disease, lice, bedbugs or similar infection contracted by the Customer.
- Pets (applicable in Destinations where pets are allowed).
- If Customers brings a pet, they shall inform the Destination at the time of booking.
- The Customer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused by their pets.
- Pets shall always be kept tethered, especially in national park areas.
- Pets shall not be left alone in the accommodation without supervision.
- Pet owners shall pay particular attention to the cleanliness of the accommodation.
- The pet owner shall also follow any specific instructions that may be issued.
7. Handing over the accommodation
- The Customer shall hand over the accommodation and any keys on the day of departure at the time agreed in the booking confirmation.
- If the Customer is leaving at an unusual time (e.g. at night), the Merchant shall be notified in advance.
8. Force majeure
- The Merchant shall not be liable for any damage caused to the Customer by force majeure or similar cause (e.g. power cuts or natural phenomena such as algae infestations, water damage or animals such as mice and insects), etc., which is not due to the Merchant’s negligence and the consequences of which the Merchant could not reasonably have prevented.
- The Merchant shall also not be liable for damages or consequences caused by normal natural phenomena.
9. Damage compensation
- The Customer shall be obliged to notify the Merchant of any damage caused.
- The Customer shall compensate the Merchant for any damage caused by the Customer to the accommodation.
- The Customer shall also be responsible for any other persons visiting the accommodation and any damage caused by them during the booking.
- Any complaints and remarks shall be sent to the Merchant as soon as possible and without delay after the matter has arisen.
- If the matter is not resolved satisfactorily or involves a claim for compensation, the complaint shall be sent in writing within two weeks (14 days) of the end of the trip/booking to [Company email address].
- The Merchant shall undertake to process the complaint as quickly as possible, but no later than two weeks (14 days) after receipt.
- If the Customer and the Merchant cannot reach an agreement, the Customer shall have the right to take the dispute to the Consumer Complaints Board.
- If the Customer does not immediately report any defects to the Merchant during the booking, the accommodation shall be considered to be in the condition agreed in the contract.
- Defects reported after the booking cannot be jointly established and the Merchant shall not be liable for them.
- The parties shall endeavour to resolve any disputes arising from this Agreement primarily by mutual negotiation.
- If no agreement is reached in the negotiations, the disputes shall be settled under the Consumer Protection Act.
12. Special conditions for rental equipment
- The Customer shall refer to the safety and operating instructions for the equipment.
- The equipment shall be used carefully, and only for its intended normal use.
- The Customer / user shall undertake to carry out a safety check during the rental period.
- Rental equipment shall not be taken out of the country, nor shall it be sublet.
- The rental equipment shall only be used to the extent permitted by the conditions and only at locations appropriate to the user’s skill level and competence.
- The Customer shall use all equipment at their own risk.
- For water sports equipment (e.g. canoes, kayaks, SUP boards and rowing boards), the Customer declares that they are able to swim and have previous experience in using the equipment.
- The Customer shall return the equipment immediately at the end of the rental period to the agreed location, cleaned and in the same condition as when it was rented.
- The Customer shall inform the Merchant immediately if the return is delayed.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Merchant shall be entitled to charge an increased rent of [XX]% for the excess period.
- The Customer shall be liable for any damages and costs caused to the rental equipment during the rental period due to negligent or incorrect handling and inadequate maintenance.
- The Customer shall replace any equipment destroyed or lost during the rental period at its replacement value.
- The Customer shall be responsible for compliance with transport, safety and other regulations.
- The Customer shall notify the Merchant immediately of any defects in the equipment.
- The Merchant shall be responsible for the repair of the equipment due to normal wear and tear.
- The Merchant shall not be liable for any direct or indirect costs or damage caused to the Customer by the use or breakdown of the equipment.
- The Merchant shall not undertake to replace the broken rental item with a new one, nor to compensate for any direct or indirect costs incurred as a result of the interruption of the use of said item.